Tremendous potential and lots of character! Great buy for the money and will not last! Amazing opportunity to own in desirable congers, situated between deforest and congers lakes.
Things To Do If The Power Goes Out
1. Call your power company. If you're ORU's customer, call (877) 434-4100. Do not call 911, unless you see wires down.
2. Dress in layers to stay warm. Wear a knit hat and gloves.
3. Avoid opening your refrigerator and freezer as much as possible. Your food will stay cold for hours, if the door is left closed.
4. If you're cold, take a warm shower. Your hot water heater, even if electric, will stay warm for a few hours.
5. Unplug some of your major appliances. When the power comes back on, a power surge could damage those appliances.
6. If you have a generator, do not connect it to your home's power system unless it has been properly installed and disconnects you from the main power grid when it is operating.
7. Check on your elderly neighbors. Make sure they are dressed appropriately warm.
8. If you have a regular wood stove or fireplace, you can use it for heat. Do not use kerosene heaters, BBQs, or any outdoor type heater inside. They can create dangerous gases, like carbon monoxide.
9. If you have to go out, drive carefully. Remember that traffic signals may be out during a power outage.
Source: ABC2 News
Click here to see the listings of homes with Green/Energy STAR features.
I am a proud Nyack resident with over 10 years of experience in real estate. I developed a real passion for this industry when I got my first apartment at age 24, and since then have became the owner/....